Tuesday, February 15, 2011

#12/12 Refinement set #??? uhhh

Yeah, I've lost count... but I did get my next set of refinements from San Diego before the new year and have been changing the aligners out weekly.

I'm currently wearing #12 of 12 (which hurt!), and if I was still living in SD, I don't think this would be my last set. See, when I was on #10, things were looking good. Those two teeth on the bottom that just wouldn't line up, were finally right. there. I thought, "Yipee! It's working! Only 2 more to go!"

Then I put in #11.
Which jacked it up.

I thought, "okay, maybe #12 will fix it."

Nope. They are still misaligned. No one else would notice, and by all means, my teeth are AMAZING compared to how they were before... but I have to admit, I'm a wee bit disappointed with the amount of time this has taken AND the fact that they aren't perfect... ya know... almost 5000 dollars later. In no way am I blaming my awesome dentist. I think this has something to do with the fine movements involved with the Invisalign trays.

So what do I do now? I have no idea. I will have to speak to my dentist about it back in Cali or just accept my teeth as they are... or I'm even contemplating going back to #10.

Until then, here are some comparison pictures:

In the beginning, there was staining and crazy crookedness


but in the end, you can see the light and improvement!




and the bottom teeth that still aren't lined up:


(I did up the contrast in this pic to help define the teeth, so do ignore the dark spots on the back molars - those are NOT cavities LOL)

The good news is - for the first time in my life, I can bite straight on into an apple! It's just too bad I hate apples! haha

4 comments:

  1. Lol i was thinking apples, then read the last line. I was like now that sounds like michi, unless your just sitting on the couch taking the first bite in to them to see the imprint you make lol. Im glad your almost done girly, and they look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your teeth look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit I 'liked' the post on facebook and never actually read this until now. Wow! Your teeth are flawless in my opinion and need nothing else. Among my long list of other things, I'd love to get my teeth fixed--at least whitened. Yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it looks more fine and beautiful than before. Maybe I should get my own invisalign treatment too. :)

    ReplyDelete