Monday, October 18, 2010

Retainers!

Last Thursday I received my upper retainer, worn only at night, and a spring retainer for the lower. The upper is fairly tight. Honestly though, if it didn't make me talk like I had a stroke, I would prefer to wear it all the time. I didn't realize how much I had become accustomed to the constant pressure on my teeth.

The bottom retainer feels like I have a thermometer stuck under my tongue all day, but is otherwise comfortable. On the outside of the retainer, there is a wire to push my left front tooth back, and on the inside, there is a wire to push the tooth to the right of that out. I think my bottom teeth look jacked now, but supposedly, they will all be pushed back into alignment with another spring retainer in 2 weeks.

Lately my back gums have been slightly sore and bleeding... I'm assuming from the retainers.

I also received 2 flimsy bleaching trays to continue whitening.

Here are some photos:


1 comment:

  1. I think your teeth look perfect! I guess you're your harshest critic, but seriously they look great.

    ReplyDelete