Thursday, August 12, 2010

The top is done! Yay!

So all month long, I had it marked on my calendar that I had an Invisalign appointment today at 0930. Sal took off work so that he could keep the kids. Last night, I was looking through my wallet and found the appt reminder card and guess what? My appointment wasn't today, it was scheduled for FRIDAY at 0930. Crap! I felt like such a dummy.

Anywho, I talked to the office this morning and I was able to be worked into the schedule at 1 o'clock. Hooray.

My top teeth are DONE!!!! She removed all but one attachment, and I honestly think she didn't see the last one. It's fairly far back in my mouth.

My bottom teeth lack "2 refinements," as she put it. She said I'll wait a month from now to get a set of refinements to even up my bottom front teeth and should be completely done with treatment in no more than 2 months from today. The new refinements will probably include a little more filing of my teeth (YUCK) and at the end, contouring for a better appearance.

She said my bite is perfect. We talked a little more about my midline and stuff, but decided it's not worth the trouble to fix for the sake of appearances. I would have to remove and file teeth and possibly break my jaw for that. No, thanks.

Once I'm done with these next refinements, I'll get a retainer - either a plastic try, a normal orthodontic retainer, or she can bond my teeth together. She said we'll decide then.

I'm almost done!!!! Thank goodness because this spoiled brat is ready to shed the aligners FOREVER. FOR-ev-ERRRRR

1 comment:

  1. Sweeeeet!! I bet you look fabulous. Well, I know you look fabulous judging from your lovely photos. You're almost there, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete