Monday, August 30, 2010

The last refinements?

We hope!

I meant to hop on here last week and update, but life has been so busy lately. I took my handsome little boys to the dentist for regular cleanings (no cavities, yay!!), and got some surprising news - my last refinements were in already!

I have 7 refinements to be changed weekly, every Thursday, and if all goes as planned, I will go back in 6 weeks to have my retainer made. The top aligner remains the same but does switch out. The bottom will continue to line up the front teeth. They started me out on refinement #2 of 7. I thought that was kind of odd, but they slipped right into place... so I guess no harm?

These bad boys have been tight - particularly the bottom. When I take the bottom tray off, it tends to go flying across the bathroom and I have to pray "Please don't fall into the toilet! Please don't fall into the toilet!!!"

Anyway, hopefully this will be the end of my Invisalign treatment. I'm not sure how it will work if we move to Colorado with more refinements to be done.

The only thing I'll kind of miss is seeing the look of "WTH is that on your teeth?!" fall across someone's face after we've already been talking for quite some time. I was talking to this guy for HOURS on Saturday and just as he was mid-sentence about the Nintendo DSi for my little dude, this look washed over his face - his eyes were huge, his jaw slacked, and I knew he finally saw the aligners. I started laughing and he was like, "WTH is on your teeth?!" Braces. "What?!" I think he might get Invisalign now. :)

On the flip side, I will NOT miss having to walk through the food court and needing to turn down all of the freebies!

Tis all, y'all! I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Ah samples. I love them so. My MIL and I went through Central Market collecting those all day Sunday. I think the fact that it's free makes it even tastier. I'm glad this journey is coming to an end for you!

    ReplyDelete